Three major airports are available at Jordan, Royal Jordanian is the national airline carrier, that flies direct between Amman and many other countries throughout the world, beside other international and domestic airlines operating direct flights to Jordan;
- Amman Queen Alia International Airport, located 35 Kilometers south of Amman,
- Amman Marka Airport at Amman,
- King Hussein International Airport, located at Aqaba 335 Kilometers South of Amman at the Red Sea, Gulf of Aqaba.
For tourists traveling to Jordan, using your own private cars there are many borders crossing point from north and south of Jordan;
- The Syrian Border located at 95 Kilometers north of Amman, Driving from countries North of Jordan via Turkey, Lebanon and Syria open 24/7 throughout the year,
- Sheikh Hussein crossing - North Border, 90 Kilometers away from Amman, Located in the north close to Lake Tiberias (Sea of Galilee), open 24/7 throughout the year,
- The Allenby - King Hussein Bridge, 57 Kilometers away from Amman, located in the southern Jordan Valley, is open Sun. – Thurs. 08:00 Hrs – 20:00 Hrs for arrivals and 8:00 to 14:00 for departures and Fri-Sat 08:00 Hrs – 13:00 Hrs,
- Wadi Araba Border (Arava) – at Aqaba city south of Jordan also connected to Taba, via Eilat to Sinai of Egypt,
opens Sunday – Thursday 06:30 am – 08:00 pm,
Friday – Saturday 08:00 am – 08:00 pm,
Please note that rented cars are not allowed to enter or cross to Jordan and vise versa.
By Ferry and Boat:
Daily services are available for travelers crossing the Red Sea between Jordan and Egypt using fast boats and ferries from Aqaba to Nuweibeh of Egypt and vise versa.
Visa Information and formal Procedures:
Entry Visa can be obtained upon arrival at all entry border crossing and airports;
- Single entry visa fee for all nationalities is 20 JD,
- Multiple entries for all nationalities are 80 JD, and can be obtained at the nearest Jordan embassy or consulate,
- Groups of five persons or more traveling through a designated Jordanian tour operator are free of charge,
- Arrivals at Aqaba are granted a free entry visa at Aqaba airport, Aqaba Port and Araba border with Israel,
- There are restrictions on certain nationalities which require an entry visa to be obtained in advance before traveling to Jordan,
Please check with the Jordanian diplomatic mission at your own country before travel.